"After a hard day's work diggin' up the sod, we're ready for chow."

Welcome to our class's blog. We are discussing the latest topics we're studying in American history and literature. This website has been active since December 2005. Selected Excel 10 students will take turns posting their thoughts, and other Excel 10 students will comment on these posts. Parents, staff, and other interested persons are invited to add their comments on our musings. Any inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Friday, June 01, 2007

The End is Near!

As the end of Excel and school is nearing and we are talking about Beat poetry and finals, I have two questions for you:
1. Do you like the rebellious lifestyle of the Beats? Why or why not?
2. As finals are almost upon us, what have you done to deal with the stress of studying and preparing? Do you study a little every night or none at all? Or cram it all in the night before?

Andrew S.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i think the beats were cool and i liked the rebel mindset but i think they had the wrong lifestyle. having to live like that would suck. i would like to be a rebel if i lived back then but not have to travel in boxcars and live on scraps unless i got famous.

with finals almost on us i am really nervous for the excel final but i think if i study alot every night i think i will be able to pass. i like to deal with stress by not doing anything school related it really helps to calm you down. just go t a movie or get some pizza with a friend.

Josh T

Anonymous said...

Personally, I enjoy the unique style of the beats. I love how 'far out' they are. Also, it has been interesting learning about the life-styles of the founders and all of the crazy things they did. I am a bit skeptical to them just because I believe that most anyone could acomplish their writting, the peoms that we wrote in class could sometimes be just as good as beat peoms. I think that teens can relate to the beats poetry and also I think that the stories about drug trips and crazy stunts keep us awake and interested. On the second question about finals, I personally enojoy them. It is a nice week of 2 classes a day where you can just keep quiet, do a little exam, and go home. I don't study at all, but I go to sleep a little earlier than usual. So I guess that I take finals as a beat poet would, except Ginsburg would probobaly not take a final exam now that I think about it.

Josh Smith

Anonymous said...

First, I think the Beat poets and their way of living and expressing themselves were important in showing how American culture and being adventurous in what you say and how you say it can help to define you and your culture. In addition, many messages, based on the poems we have read, can be fit in to express the pt.
As far as studying goes, I try not to let the stress get to me, and pace my studying with the appropriate amnt. of time and effort for each class, without doing too much or too little. I just want to say thanks to everyone for this year and making it what it was.

Seth